- The Fringe is, hands-down, the easiest way to produce original theatre, dance, and more in SLC. With low venue costs, a running time of one hour, and limited tech, Fringe shows are low-risk. All you need is an idea and a passionate team to make your art happen.
- You’ll be joining a community of cutting-edge performing artists from around Utah and beyond. Fringe gives you a chance to meet like-minded artists and the opportunity for collaboration beyond the festival.
- Artists get 100% of ticket sales, making it easy to recoup costs and make money. Most artists need an average of 10 audience members per show to turn a profit.
- The Fringe is a great way to test or workshop new shows. Past Fringe shows have gone on to perform at other Fringes and in stand-alone productions around Utah.
- Performing in the Fringe is a great way to see shows! If there are seats available when a show begins, Fringe artists get in for free! How often do you get to see 10+ shows during the run of your own?
The 2017 application opens on March 1st right HERE. Read through the guidelines now to get ready to apply!